Recipe Courtesy of Meredith Dykstra
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil (plus extra for sauteing)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Sautéed grass-fed ground meat, caramelized onions, mushrooms, garlic, leafy green strips, carrot shreds, grass-fed cheese, no-sugar tomato sauce, your favorite herbs and spices…
- The options are endless!
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with avocado or coconut oil.
- In a bowl, whisk arrowroot flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Once combined, stir in oil then warm water. Gently mix with hands until dough ball has formed.
- Place dough on lined or greased baking sheet and roll out into a flat circle or square.
- Bake crust for about 12 minutes or until golden.
- While crust is baking, saute ground meat and veggies in coconut oil or avocado oil for topping.
- Once crust is baked, remove from oven, top crust with toppings and bake another 5 minutes until warm.
- Slice and enjoy!