- 1 1/2 cups packed almond meal
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed pitted dates
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 pastured eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 bag frozen raspberries
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 can organic, full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- Touch of stevia
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Blend dates and water in blender until smooth paste forms.
- Mix date paste with other wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until smooth.
- Grease an 8″ round cake pan with coconut oil and pour in batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, heat frozen raspberries in stainless steel pan with a pinch of salt. Reduce sauce to desired consistency.
- Make coconut cream. Coconut cream is simply the “cream” that separates from the water and rises to the top when a can of coconut milk is refrigerated. Mix in a touch of stevia and sea salt to taste.
- Once cake is baked, allow to cool and set.
- Slice cake and serve with compote and coconut cream (or real heavy whipped cream).