Recipe Courtesy of Meredith Dykstra
- 8oz. smoked sockeye salmon fillets (no sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1-2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pastured egg, whisked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and mashed or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 can wild anchovies, packed in olive oil
- For salmon: Place in a bowl and season with salt, pepper lemon juice and olive oil. Cover with capers and set aside.
- For salad dressing: Mash garlic, anchovies and salt and pepper into a paste.
- Whisk in olive oil, lemon juice and egg until incorporated.
- Place lettuce greens into a large bowl and toss with dressing to coat evenly.
- Put dressed salad into serving bowls.
- Top with smoked salmon and freshly ground pepper.