Alfredo Sauce – Makes 2 quarts:
- 2 heads chopped cauliflower
- 1-2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 10-12 organic chicken thighs
- Olive oil and sea salt
- Store bought vegetable noodles of choice (or make your own with a spiralizer!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place chicken thighs in large pan or on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Massage oil and salt into meat.
- Bake at 350° F for 1-1.5 hours or until golden brown.
For Alfredo sauce (while chicken is baking):
- In a large pot, steam cauliflower until soft.
- Place steamed cauliflower and all other ingredients into the blender in batches, and combine until smooth. Will need tamper! This make take 2-3 batches.
- Pour sauce into pot and heat on low on the stovetop to keep warm.
- Saute vegetable noodles, if desired. Can also serve raw with the meal.
- Place vegetable noodles on plate and top with chicken and sauce, OR combine sauce and noodles and top with baked chicken.