- 1 Tbsp. ghee, butter, or coconut oil (plus more for baking the squash)
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 quarts chicken broth (vegetable broth works great too)
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 lbs. butternut squash, halved and seeded. (This is around 1 large or 2 small butternut squash. You can’t really use too much!)
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- A drizzle of extra coconut milk for garnish
- A sprinkling of ground cinnamon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheet with desired fat. Place squash, cut-side down, on baking sheet. Bake until squash is very soft, about 50 minutes. Using a paring knife, remove peel from squash; discard peel. Cut squash into 2-inch pieces.
- Saute shallots in ghee (or preferred fat) with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients (including cooked, cubed squash) and bring to a simmer.
- Puree, adding more broth or water if necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with parsley, a drizzle of coconut milk, and a small sprinkling of cinnamon.
I tried to make a copy, you can’t, sounds good, even though am a vegetarian. If I ate for survival I would be making bone broth soup. Also, my immune system is very low, I love soup in the cooler, colder months, I might try!????
I make this with veggie broth all the time! Please try it, it’s great. 🙂
What is the nutrient breakdaoen? How many carbs?
From my estimation, it’s about 10g net carbs for 1/4th of the recipe.