- 2 cups ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup melted (but not hot) coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5-6 drops liquid stevia
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the ground flax seeds with cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until fully combined.
- Place the eggs, water, oil, vanilla, and stevia in a blender. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Transfer the liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture. Stir with a spatula just until incorporated. The batter will be fluffy. Allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 90% of the way up. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Immediately take the muffins out of the pan and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before drizzling each muffin with the icing.
- Coconut butter icing: Melt coconut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Add vanilla, stevia, and juice of 1/2 lemon, and whisk.
- Drizzle icing over muffins.
Why don’t you ever post the Carbs, Protein and Fat content with any of your recipes?
I will make a note and try to add the macros in the next batch of recipes. 🙂
I looked for the nutrition facts:
Serving size: 1 muffin
Total fat 12g
Sodium 152 g
Total carbs 7.1g
Dietary fibre 5.7g
Total sugars .5g
So 1.4 net carbs per muffin!! ????????????????
Hope this is helpful for everybody.
I used verywellfit.com website to calculate it.
Looks great but an’t eat it because of eggs. A big problem for me in following keto plan: no eggs or dairy
You can probably try flax eggs… 1 Tbs of ground flax in 3 Tbs warm water for each egg. Please let me know if you try it!
Carla van Raay
That’s a lot of bicarb of soda…do you not taste that in the muffins?
Not at all.
I used MyFitnessPal to calculate the nutrition facts and it came back with this (per muffin):
Total Fat: 23 g
Total Carb: 8 g
Protein: 7 g
How much fiber? Because if you subtract that from the carbs, you’ll have your net carbs.
Can you tell me the amount of stevia powder instead of liquid?
I can’t say for sure without testing, but my guess would be an even 1:1 swap.
Thank you, this is just what I was looking for! Looking forward to making these to share with my family.
I cant stand the smell of coconut oil. (LOVE REGULAR coconut smells) but these oils gag me then i dont want to eat it.
Is there a special brand to buy that dont smell so bad?
The smell carries with me all day and at bed time to the point i cant go to sleep.
Look for refined coconut oil, as opposed to unrefined (which is way more coconutty). You can also sub ghee!