For the Raw Carrot Cake:
- 2.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup coconut, shredded and unsweetened
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 5 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pecans and walnuts (mixed or just one or the other)
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for a few hours or overnight and then drained
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (stevia or honey can be substituted)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Combine the carrots, coconut, dates, spices, coconut flour and nuts in a food processor and pulse until they come together. (You can press some together to see if it sticks enough or needs additional pulsing).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture into the pan firmly, form into a desired shape or form into individual cakes, and place into the freezer while you make the frosting.
- Put all of the frosting ingredients into a high powdered blender or food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Add frosting to your cake(s) and enjoy!